Monday, January 10, 2011

Thank You Mr. Kidman








'Lost In The Ether' came yesterday. It is really, really good. Fucking amazing actually. A total salute to surfboard design and surfer/shapers that make it happen. There's a lot to process, the first 5 minutes or so involve a very clear and concise analysis of MP's 'Morning Of The Earth' board, and that's just the jumping off point, it gets really interesting from there. Mackie shredding the local Bommie is worth price of purchase alone. Fitzy and Simon Anderson are heroes. I could happily go on and on, but I'll simply say if you have any interest in why surfboards are so wonderful, you owe it to yourself to get this. The limited edition packaged in a quite stunning book is worth every penny, and I am beyond stoked.

1 comment:

PLATTY said...

I could'nt agree more. I received my copy last week. Watching MP surf that board in MOTE is pretty special. Seeing the board out of the water is just as special. I've often wondered about its dimentions and bottom. Well done to Mr Kidman.