Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Oldie But A Goodie





Yes, I've been slack with posts the last couple of weeks but I swear that will change- there's some fun stuff afoot and sheds all over the world are abuzz with new projects. In the meantime I've actually gotten some stuff done, like pulling this board out of the back of the stack and cleaning it up. It's a 6'8" Wayne Lynch design shaped by Terry Goldsmith and it's probably 15 years old. It was the first new board I bought in the States after a run of loaners and beaters (the board this replaced was a thrashed Jeff Ho single that had been snapped a couple of times before I got it, and a couple of snaps later it just wasn't coming back and it was donated to an art project. I really should have kept that one) and it was an attempt to find something that would work in walled LA waves. Boards have come and gone but I never got rid of this one, and figured it might be fun to drag out for a ride or two in what was just a run of swell, but not until it had some serious wax rehab (I'm glad Lynch doesn't read this, he'd no doubt be horrified at such shabby treatment) and although work and the weather thwarted me, it'll get a go out in the very near future.

No comments: