Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Garageland




Straight from the shed in Ulladulla comes a new and fine surfboard. What we have here is a 5'10" sidecut fish, little over 2.5" thick and with Futures boxes and a set of Rasta 'Sea Shepherd' cutaway keels. Mick has once again done a very fine job with the details being the gems- beautiful stringer and a nice double concave happening, and of curse the O.G. Southerly Change logo. Someone needs to buy this thing so I'm not tempted to ride it myself. Which reminds me, if you're in the Santa Barbara area this weekend, come on by the 2nd Annual Santa Barbara Surf Swap Meet. There's going to be all sorts of vendors, new and used stuff and I'll be there with books and the Mackies I have in stock at the moment. Apparently last year's was a roaring success and as the surf looks like being crappy you may as well come handle some gear. On the internet the latest addition to the literate fun available is Jamie Brisick's blog, Wrestling Elephants. I've linked him, check it out as he's got some great tales of the surfing life up. I've lagged on posting and can't even use good surf as an excuse, but there's been a few photo gems turning up so I'll be back on it this week I hope.

No comments: