Wednesday, December 14, 2016

5'11" Andrew Kidman Dreamboard





The companion piece to the Longfish, and available (unless I keep it). 5'11" x 21" x 2 5/8". Geppy keels, channeled magic.

"The Dreamboard is a combination of a number of designs I like. Back in 2005 I was messing around with my Skip Frye Fish. Whilst in overhead waves the design was fantastic I always struggled to get speed out of it in smaller waves. I concluded that the pins on the tail were creating drag in the smaller surf and slowing the board down. I figured that if I used a fish outline but did not cut the swallows into the tail, leaving it square I could create more surface area for planing and more speed....."

This is what it's all about and why we're here. The people willing to think and experiment and bring design to where the cookie cutter 'one board for everyone and every wave' machine made mentality won't go. More power to the creators.

1 comment:

Portland Carpet Installation said...

Thank you for beeing you